Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Rick Acker's New Novel--And First Forty Pages



When the Devil Whistles

Coming soon – When the Devil Whistles 


Description

Allie Whitman and Connor Norman loved making the devils of the corporate world pay. Now, it’s their turn. And the price could be their lives.
“I didn’t have a choice. I didn’t.” That’s what Allie Whitman tells herself every night as she lies awake. Sometimes she even believes it. But mostly she knows deep down that her inability to make a hard choice has put millions of lives at risk, including her own. Now the only one who can help her is her lawyer, Connor Norman. Unfortunately, Allie’s actions have destroyed Connor’s trust in her—and may destroy much, much more.





Praise of When the Devil Whistles

  • “Gripping, edge-of-your-seat fiction. When the Devil Whistles is a fast mix of suspense, compelling characters and legal intrigue as only Acker can write it. I dare you to try to put this book down.”- Tosca Lee, author of Demon: A Memoir
  • “More than once while reading When the Devil Whistles, I had to remind myself that I wasn’t reading John Grisham. Rick Acker’s pacing and plot are terrific, and I found myself rooting for Allie and Connor even when they made mistakes. A wonderful read from a writer I wish I’d discovered sooner.”  – Angela Hunt, author of Let Darkness Come
  • “High stakes intrigue that will keep you flipping pages long into the night.” – James Scott Bell
  • “Rick Acker has done it again!  He’s become one of my favorite suspense novelists by the simple expedient of delivering the goods . . . in every book.  This time, a federal whistle-blower may have blown her whistle one time too many.  Is she in too deep this time? This book kept screaming my name every time I tried to put it down.” – Randy Ingermanson, Christy award winning author of Oxygen
Check out the first forty pages or so below:

No comments: